BOMA Silicon Valley hosts an annual awards competition to recognize excellence in the commercial building management industry. The Outstanding Building Of The Year (TOBY) competition is held in conjunction with BOMA International. Winners of the local Silicon Valley competition advance to the regional competition and finally the international competition.
The prestigious TOBY Award is bestowed as the highest mark of excellence for building management and is the most all-inclusive program in the commercial real estate industry. All facets of a building's operations are thoroughly evaluated during the judging process by a panel comprised of industry professionals, including architects and commercial building managers.
Why should you submit your building in the TOBY competition? It's more than just an award. Submitting your building in the TOBY Awards benefits you as a property manager, your staff, your building ownership, and your company.
CLICK HERE TO LEARN WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU!
Key dates - 2020
- February 27: BOMA Silicon Valley Membership Lunch: stop by the Awards Committee table to meet our committee chairs and get more information on the 2020 TOBY process
- March 3: Online TOBY entry portal becomes available
- April 2: Learn about the application process and what makes a winning entry by participating in our in-person workshop. Click here to for more info/ to sign up!
- July 31: TOBY entry deadline!
- August (date TBD): Judging day(s)
- October 2, 2020: Celebration of Commercial Real Estate & Awards Lunch
All BOMA Silicon Valley members are eligible to apply in any of the following categories (click to view the BOMA International entry requirements for each):
Ready to apply? Make sure to complete all of the following three steps!
- Start by filling out the online submission form no later than July 31, 2020 (the BOMA office will send you an invoice for your $150 application fee)
- You must also submit the following materials to the BOMA office no later than July 31, 2020:
- A detailed description of your building, management team, and a listing of the features, amenities, programs, and services at your building. This must be submitted in a Word document not to exceed two pages.
- A maximum of 5 high-resolution photos showcasing your building, management team, tenant suite, and/or key feature/amenity.
- Submit your building through BOMA International's online portal
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact the BOMA office at (408) 453-7222.
Additional resources for TOBY applicants
Need a TOBY mentor?
We understand that the process may seem intimidating and/or confusing. Luckily, we have several BOMA members who have successfully entered their buildings in the TOBYs who are here to help you!
Email Matthew Peralta in the BOMA office at email@example.com, and he'll connect you with someone who can spend one-on-one time with you and your team to answer your questions, give you helpful tips, and explain why entering the TOBYs will benefit your building and career!