The Sherie Dunn Memorial scholarship was established in loving memory of our founding president. In October 2016, the BOMA Board of Directors expanded the scholarships to a quarterly program providing paid registration for one of the following each quarter:
- BOMI class offered for a designation or certificate program anywhere in the USA
- A qualifying college level real estate course or
- A real estate school course to count towards a CA BRE license or license renewal.
2020 Application Deadlines
- Q1: March 28, 2020
Q2: June 27, 2020
Q3: September 26, 2020
Q4: December 26, 2020
Click here to apply for the Sherie Dunn Scholarship
Who Is Eligible?
- Applicant is not required to be a member of BOMA Silicon Valley; however, preference will be given to BOMA Silicon Valley members when awarding scholarships.
- Applicant must be involved with commercial real estate or enrolled in a commercial real estate education program located in the Bay Area.
- If a person was awarded a scholarship from BOMA SV previously, the individual must show successful completion of the course for which the scholarship was awarded in order to be considered for another scholarship.
- Completed application listing your professional, education, and employment information
- Two letters of recommendation from any of the following:
- Current or past employer
- BOMA Silicon Valley member
- Person who has achieved RPA, FMA, or SMA designation
- Community leader (religious, community project officer or director of nonprofit real estate or civic association)
- A professor or college administrator
- If applicable, a document outlining the property address(es) / project(s) that you work on/manage
- Brief personal letter describing applicants' financial need, and why applicant requests the scholarship. You must include a course description and timeline that you plan to take the course and a specific dollar amount requested.
- Application must be submitted online here