Easy Steps for Saving Water at Your Facility
As the weather heats up, it’s a good time to think about water conservation – especially since this year has brought very little of the wet stuff so far. But don’t worry – the Santa Clara Valley Water District is here to help. Whether you manage an office complex, a hotel, an apartment building or a manufacturing facility, we have a program that can help you save water and money.
Indoor Water Conservation Measures
- Get a new toilet – on us. Businesses, apartments and schools that currently have old, inefficient (3.5 gallons or more per flush) toilets are eligible for free toilets and free installation. Rebates for high-efficiency toilets are also available. To sign up, just call (800) 307-5700.
- Let us help with the cost through our Commercial Rebate Program. Two kinds of rebates are available:
- Set Rebates for:
- Air-Cooled Ice Machines – up to $1,000 per machine;
- Connectionless Food Steamers – up to $485 per compartment;
- High-Efficiency Urinals – up to $300 per urinal;
- High-Efficiency Clothes Washers – up to $400 per machine.
- Water Submeters for apartments, condos and mobile homes – up to $100 per submeter.
- Custom (Measured) Rebates for customers who update their equipment to measurably reduce water usage.
- For more information or to sign up, call (408) 630-2707.
- Does your commercial kitchen have an old pre-rinse spray valve? Let us send you a water-efficient sprayer for free. To get yours today, call (408) 630-2707.
Outdoor Water Conservation Measures
- Ask an Irrigation Surveyor. Our FREE Landscape Survey Program has surveyors evaluate and suggest ways to better manage your outdoor water use.
- Purchase and install efficient irrigation equipment. Businesses can receive rebates for upgrading irrigation hardware through our Landscape Rebate Program.
- Install weather-based irrigation controllers. We offer rebates for these controllers which use local weather conditions to calculate and adjust site-specific irrigation schedules.
- Replace high-water using landscape with qualifying low-water using plants to qualify for our rebate.
For more information, visit www.valleywater.org/Programs/ConservationForBusinesses.aspx
Or call our Water Conservation Hotline at (408) 630-2554. Programs subject to funding availability. Certain restrictions apply.