Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Station
This workshop provided answers to your questions on installing EV Stations at YOUR properties!
What are the logistics of installing EV charging stations at your property?
What are the costs involved in installing EV stations and potential revenue for your property from users?
What are the parking considerations and restrictions to installing EV Stations at your property?
What state and local government mandates for installing EV Stations at commercial properties are currently under consideration?
Our program panel included Senior Manager, Operations Laura Galvin of The Irvine Company, Michael Jones from ChargePoint, an EV station installer, and Scott Hilleson from Rosendin Electric, all experienced with the EV charging station installation process. Copies of their PowerPoint presentations are linked below:
The Bay Area Regional Energy Network and the Bay Area Air Quality Management District have information on local incentive programs for property managers installing EV Stations: http://www.baaqmd.gov/EVready
The California Plug-In Electric Vehicle Collaborative offers the following resources for Workplace Charging:
- Workplace charging case studies: "Amping Up California's Workplaces: 20 case studies on plug-in electric vehicle charging at work"
- Why Employers Should Install Workplace Charging for Plug-in Electric Vehicles
- Employer's Guide to Installing Workplace Charging for Plug-in Electric Vehicles
- Workplace Charging How and Why?
- Best Practices for Charging at Workplaces